I'm a geek, a role-player and a biker.
I work for Diamond Light Source, developing open source scientific software for the UK national synchrotron facility. In the past I have worked in the robotics, mechatronics and laser micro-machining industries.
Note that I am an independent volunteer moderator of Robotics Stack Exchange. I am not an employee, agent or representative of Stack Exchange Inc., and I have no authority to bind Stack Exchange Inc. in any manner. Stack Exchange Inc. reserves the right to terminate my privileges as a moderator at any time without warning.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Member for 8 years, 3 months
92 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
- Software Engineering 13.6k 13.6k 33 gold badges3636 silver badges7676 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 6.7k 6.7k 22 gold badges5959 silver badges8888 bronze badges
- Area 51 5.7k 5.7k 22 gold badges55 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- The Workplace 5.1k 5.1k 11 gold badge3030 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 4.2k 4.2k 11 gold badge2525 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 272 Why is 80 characters the 'standard' limit for code width?
- 111 How can I run the Pi on Solar Power?
- 106 Is micro-optimisation important when coding?
- 96 What other hidden or inobvious RSS feeds are available on Stack Exchange and its sites?
- 90 Real differences between "java -server" and "java -client"?
- 88 Is it worthwhile to write unit tests for scientific research codes?
- 86 How can I extend the life of my SD card?
- View more network posts →