Since no doubt many people will be eager to get into robotics, this will be a repository for useful textbooks, articles, toolkits, programming IDE's, CAD tools, simulators, et cetera that will be useful for a robotics engineer. This should include beginner, intermediate, and expert level resources (please specify which).
This is intended to be a list, but please try not to go overboard, e.g. don't copy and paste the results of searching "robotics" on Amazon. Include only resources that you have personal experience or knowledge of. It would also help if you could provide a brief but useful description of it (maybe one particular textbook focuses more on feedback controls, or maybe one may be more theoretical than most. In general, something that avoids the reader having to google each one and see if it's what they're looking for).
Please do not create resource questions on the main site asking for websites, books, courses, word-lists, or other "shopping recommendations", the question will be downvoted, closed and possibly deleted. Resource related questions are off-topic for robotics.
If you are looking for a particular resource that you do not see on this list, the appropriate place to ask is almost certainly the robotics Chatroom.
Likewise, ask in the chatroom if you have a resource you would like to add to the list, or if you have other questions. The small group that maintains this list overlaps quite a bit with those you will likely find in the chatroom.
- Each answer covers a particular category.
- Where relevant, state whether the material is suited to a beginner, intermediate or advanced audience.
- Don't include links to any illegal/copyright violating content, or sites that host such content.
- Follow our community rules on self-promotion.
- Keep your entries as succinct as possible to maintain a easy-to-follow list format.
- Add the resources in alphabetical order so they're easier to find.